As HPC engineer you take part in the improvement of Atlas, our drug design platform, improve its scalability, accuracy and speed of calculations.
You will also improve the efficiency of calculations regardless of the processing unit (GPU, CPU, OPU…).
You make sure all features are released in time and with the utmost quality, you propose technological choices to maximize our impact with regard to our resources and constraints.
PROFILE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
We are seeking a motivated candidate with a breadth of skills and behavioral traits
- Loyalty & managed ego: You are deeply loyal and are constantly looking for ways to offer support. You must be confident enough to be candid & push back at times, while also humble enough to happily work behind the scenes. You thrive on helping others be their best selves and anticipating their needs before they are spoken. You do not hesitate to state what you do not know and ask for help and have no shame in that.
- Curious and eager to learn: You are always interested in learning new skills and new fields of science and technology. You thrive in multidisciplinary environments and always try to transpose best practices from one field to another. You always aim for excellence and work hard to achieve it.
- Driven to achieve results with strategic mindset: You are incredibly driven to achieve results. You are tenacious in the face of adversity and carry a can-do attitude. You are a master organizer and project planner; you consistently look ahead and anticipate needs before they arise. You have a sharp mind and you have a great judgment for what’s important. Prioritization is your mantra. You think fast and execute quickly, but you always think before acting about the consequences of your decisions
- Natural problem solver: you are a natural problem solver. You are analytical and structured in your thinking. You create order out of chaos by identifying systems and processes in need of tightening. You deeply understand team and business operations and easily synthesize information to develop a recommended plan of action.
- Caring and sharing attitude: you actively listen to understand what drives or concerns the team and gather input before acting. You are able to connect the dots across the company. You are positive, empathetic, flexible. Once in action, you are able to communicate what to achieve and why, but also how to achieve it. You do not hesitate to share key learnings with your colleagues in order to help them perform better.
- Masters’ or PhD degree in either computer science or molecular dynamics or data science
- Minimum 3 years of industrial experience in R&D / Technology either in HPC or Molecular Dynamics or Machine Learning, 3+ years
- Knowledge of in silico drug design is preferred but not mandatory
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) in English and at least one other European Language preferably French
- Experience(s) in a startup or young organization that experienced rapid growth is preferred